- Basically only needed to install the Hugo binary. And then off to the races. Extremely minimal dependencies.
- From scratch theme based on Bootstrap 4
- Hardest part is picking a theme. Lots of good ones out there, but generally limited customization. So I started with the generic framework and moved forward from there. Also allowed me to understand the Hugo templating system and relationships
- Hosted on github
- Free and source controled. Why not?
- Some customizations
- Created shortcode to show markdown output and code
Still need to do:
- Continue to tweak design
- This is a never ending process
- Implement client side search
- Once there is enough content for that
- Implement automated builds
- So that once I check in a post, it is auto published